Global Surf Mat Riders Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi i'm dustin

2 posters

Go down

hi i'm dustin Empty hi i'm dustin

Post by dustjf Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 am

hi i'm dustin been riding mats for 2 years now, I live in lennox head nsw and get to see some good mat riding by mark thomson and george greenough both those guys inspired me to give it a go and now i'm obsessed.

dustjf

Back to top Go down

hi i'm dustin Empty Re: hi i'm dustin

Post by Admin Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:25 am

Hey Dustin. Welcome. You are a bloody lucky man living at Lennox and having both MT and GG ( and a few other pretty handy riders ) to watch. Yeh mats get you in the end don't they?

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://globalsurfmatriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dustjf Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:29 am

they are just too easy to have fun on, most of my friends I surf with are now hooked on them too.

dustjf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:17 am

Excellent. What mats are you guys choosing to ride?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dustjf Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:36 am

we've all got krypt mt5's and i got a 4gf tracker for xmas and i'm loving the drift in the turns you can get from it. i also have fun on a canvas one that was made in the 80's by a toy company and I have an original surf o plane.

dustjf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:01 am

I thought that might be the case. Tracker holds a highline very well too once you get up there and yep nice controlled drifts as a bonus! How have you gone on the Surfoplane?Although they are big bloody cumbersome things I was surprised how well it went once I managed to get it on to a clean wave! How does the canvas one go? You have a great quiver there!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dustjf Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 am

yeah the tracker definitely holds a nice highline, I've only ridden the surfoplane once, I bought it recently at a garage sale for $10, the owner said it hadnt been ridden for 30 years because the the bung had rotted inside the air hole bit and they couldnt use it. So I drilled out the hole was able to blow it back up and got a new plug for it. As for the canvas one its my go to mat for a fun day at the beach when the surf isnt too great, definitely not as fast as the mt5 and tracker. I think my quiver will probably grow this year also, I might even have to get rid of some surfboards to make more room for my mats haha

dustjf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:08 am

hi i'm dustin Small310

I have one of the new generation surfoplanes that are being manufactured again. It cost me $100 which is pretty good value considering the work that has gone in to making it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dustjf Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:16 am

do you use your surfoplane much? theres a guy standing up in one of the pictures in the ad...wild! I like your blog post, its very true that if I hadnt seen a surf mat that was readily available in a surf shop then I probably wouldnt have looked into getting a 4gf. Both the krypt and 4gf mats are excellent, each different which is great. There is nothing worse then getting bored and stale from riding the same thing over and over.

dustjf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 am

I have taken it out a couple of times and need to do so again because it was a bit of hoot. Check this post and watch what the kids back in the 60's were doing on their surfoplanes. I have introduced a chat box at the bottom of the forum main page so you can rap with anybody else who is visiting in real time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum